Futures are looking to appoint a CAD engineer for a growing business based in the West Yorkshire area. The role will focus on the production of detailed drawings across a variety of electro-mechanical products. Reporting to the Head of Engineering you will be responsible for producing the mechanical and electrical arrangements for our products and working within the Engineering Teams procedural framework to ensure all design requirements are met.
Keywords: CAD/Design/Engineering/Inventor/AutoCAD/CAD Technician/Mechanical/Electrical/3D/
Key areas include:
– Developing and maintaining component libraries
– Supporting the electrical engineers where required
– Maintaining standard designs
– Investigating new technologies
– Working closely with the fitting department to improve output to internal customers
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
– AutoCAD experience is essential
– AutoDesk Inventor is desirable but training can be offered to users of other 3D CAD systems
– A relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification or equivalent experience is essential
– Previous experience of fabrication is desirable but not essential
– Well organised with good communication skills
– A sound knowledge of engineering design principles
– Good numeracy and I.T. skills
– An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
– Good problem-solving skills
– The ability to meet deadlines.
– Attention to detail
– Able to read and draw electrical schematics.
In return the company offers a negotiable salary in the advertised range plus company bonus , Healthcare scheme, company pension and 33 days holiday (inc statutory)
If you can tick the boxes please apply NOW!