Our client is a long established automotive manufacturing business looking to add a Launch Engineer to their team. As Launch Engineer you must have prior experience in automotive manufacturing taking a project from prototype to mass manufacture. You will report to the Quality Manager and be responsible for carrying out quality activity, engineering projects and prototype management projects, and for preparing for mass manufacturing.
Launch Engineer – The Role – NPI / Quality / Automotive / New Product
* Management of new product introductions through effective and efficient launch management
* To cost and assess feasibilities of new enquiries
* APQP on all new projects. PPAP/PSW for new parts. Manage launch readiness APQP/PPAP projects for all new product introductions.
* Prototype and production proving via new parts launch. Master data input for new product introductions. To manage all master data from drawings through to final costing, and production release. Review new drawings and manage the Design sign off process
* Prototype Manufacture. Agree prototype deliveries with customers. Manage manufacture of prototypes including full prototype report documentation and shipments.
* Manage all customer / manufacture drawings. Update process routes via PPC as agreed
* Internal systems audits and supplier audit and assessments.
Launch Engineer – The Candidate – NPI / Quality / Automotive / New Product
* Experience in managing the whole cycle for new product introduction preferably within the automotive sector
* HNC/HND and/or Engineering Degree
* Previous experience within a Launch Engineer / NPI Engineer / Quality Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer role
* Experience of working in the automotive industry
* Knowledge of lean techniques
* MRP, CAD and Microsoft Project knowledge would be beneficial
* Ability to conduct product audits
Launch Engineer, NPI, Quality, Automotive, New Product
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now